Wild River Outfitters Touring Company
Fun with Safety
Wild River Outfitters Touring Company (WROTC) offers a wide variety of tours and instructional opportunities for all levels of paddler. We take pride in the high quality of our ACA certified guides and instructors and their ability to ensure that guests have fun while they stay safe! Our outstanding safety record is due in large measure to our adherence to the essential eligibility standards and the safety guidelines established by the American Canoe Association (ACA) for paddle sports events.
NEW! We are now offering kayak, canoe and paddleboard rentals. Call for details!
What's Included in our Trips & Tours
Wild River Outfitters Touring Company provides the following with the price of your activity:
- ACA certified Instructors or Guides
- Solo or tandem kayaks
- PFDs (life jackets)
- Other necessary paddle gear
- First Aid Kits (all of our employees are certified in at least Basic First Aid and CPR)
Can I bring my own Kayak?
Most of the time, yes, but please contact us. We want to make sure you have the proper kayak and gear suitable for the activity you have chosen. We provide top quality, well-maintained kayaks and equipment that are appropriate for and included in the price of your trip or instructional class.
Trips & Tours
We offer a wide variety of tours around Virginia Beach and the diverse surrounding area. We explore creeks and bays that you can't easily access by road and paddle through swamps and rivers showing the unspoiled beauty and local wildlife from a different vantage point.
All of the equipment required will be provided by WROTC for these events.
Click here to browse through our variety of tours, both full and half day.
WROTC holds various instructional courses some of which run throughout the year. Our expert instruction will introduce the novice to an enjoyable start in kayaking, through to mastering more advanced skills that will ensure you stay safe in the water at all times. Call our staff to discuss your personal requirements. All of the equipment required will be provided by WROTC for these events.
Click here for details.
CriteriaWROTC events are open to all individuals who satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria:
On the day of the event each participant must:
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in the event outline while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
- Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping their head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with the event leader, instructor and other course participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a personal companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a personal companion.